Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blow N' Go No Mo'!

It's official, the ignition interlock device has been removed. I have been starting my car like a regular civilian for about a week now. It feels good mostly because the waiting period it took for the thing to boot up felt like an eternity every time.

Figure A - First Solo Acostic Show in Over 8 years

Did my first solo acoustic gig in over 8 years just a few days ago. It wasn't  pretty, the vog has destroyed my voice, but I persevered!

Figure B - Volleyball with Ikaika sensei
After months in the making, I played volleyball for the first time in over many years as well. That was too much fun, and the underside of my big toes are hurting for it. I managed to develop two huge blisters there from the matches that were had. It's been a while since I've had to pivot from side to side on concrete.

Went to China Wall's for the first time as well, it was a bust. I wasn't probably equipped with the right kind of board, and the right kind of knowledge for that place. Just another reaffirmation of the "hold my hand" technique for going to some place for the first time...

Schools been kicking my ass, I've been falling behind and it hasn't even been a month. I gotta get more motivated again but I've been having the strangest sleep patterns and energy swings at the moment. I'm going to blame the shitty weather.

Planning on heading to Circa Survive at the Republik after my guitar lessons this evening. Should be fun. I can't remember the last legit show I went to of my choosing. It was probably Hatebreed... I can't remember.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment