Monday, November 25, 2013

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

For the first 20 years of my life, I was confined to a bedroom and a 25 mile square of landmass. I jokingly refer to this time period as my second incubation; an external womb. At the time, I viewed it as a meager lot, and but a beautiful prison cell, an emerald menagerie. Much of what I believed then, still holds truth to me now. But during this time I spent a lot of time planning the rest of my life, but even with the most astute foresight, even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. The results I was expecting to see now, are far from the plans I sowed in my teens.

"Daedalus" a song by my favorite group Thrice, sung by this chick.

I find myself now, however, laying down plans once more, a first, since I've been living in exile from my own ambitions. Wandering -- but not lost -- and searching for some sort of foundation to reclaim my past designs. I do realize that we are all but powerless to circumstance, and halfheartedly believe in the futility of projecting further than tomorrow, however I do find security in having some overall goal or a properly aligned sequence of short-term goals. Discipline is meaningless without purpose.

Financial guide.

My aim is set to reinvesting in the compartments of my life, upgrading as a whole as time progresses. I drafted this guideline to add to my H.U.D. at my computer con. I believe this to be an instrumental visual tool in maintaining a sound course of action. What will most likely be critical is replacing my feeble restaurant job for a better, more lucrative one.

Besty, our new companion.

I've been upgrading my life little by little for a more stream-lined and efficient one. Betsy (as seen above) will be utilized for the many gigs the band has been doing. I am also one step closer to achieving my pre-Oahu Oahu goals. I recently acquired a Jiu Jitsu gi to replace the one that was stolen from my container. I am scheming to use U.H. enrollment in a few days to enable me to utilize "student discounts." If only I could afford to continue Kendo then I would be true to my word, which is something I always strive to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment