Monday, November 12, 2012

An Unexpected Plan




Made it to Oahu for Halloween successfully. Had a blast! Unexpectedly attempted to win a costume contest held at the Hard Rock Cafe. I unfortunately lost to a trio of scantily clad hooters girls. If I won I would of turned around and blew my gift card at the bar. Shots for everyone! Everyone's loss... I watched a band costumed as Star Wars and they weren't bad. I would later realize I was jealous.

7 days ago I participated in a live reddit.com discussion with David Choe. It was completely unplanned, I saw a Facebook post that he was on, and unsurprisingly it was a lot of fun. I think I stayed up way~~~ past my bedtime spamming refresh as much as I could to see any new insights. Pretty funny stuff!


But in all seriousness, I spent the last few days debating my purpose here on Kaua'i. My plan was to get back into the U.H. [University of Hawai'i] system by going to Kaua'i C.C. for the Spring 2013 semester. I would have to pay out-of-state tuition however, and lessen my availabilty at work, experiencing a pretty substantial cost-opportunity to go to school. I had way too much on O'ahu these past few weeks, and have been given interesting propositions if I so choose to live there. So, after a lot of speculation and encouragement from loved ones, I have decided to give O'ahu a second chance, and plan to move there in January. It basically came down to a money issue, and for me, that shouldn't be an obstacle, so... Fuck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment